Say Goodbye to Frizz: Tips and Products for Managing Wavy and Curly Hair
Have you been battling the daily frizz frenzy? You're not alone. Wavy and curly hair has its unique charm, but let's face it—managing those unruly locks can sometimes feel like a never-ending quest. But worry not because, in this blog, we're going to help you say goodbye to frizz and hello to the luscious, defined waves and curls you deserve. Here are some incredible tips and product recommendations for managing your wavy or curly hair:
Easy-to-Follow Tips for Taming Your Wavy or Curly Hair
- Use a sulphate-free shampoo: Sulphates can strip natural oils from your hair, leading to dryness and frizz. So, on your next shopping day, pick up sulphate-free shampoos that are gentle on your curls.
- Condition your curly hair regularly: Curly hair tends to be drier, so conditioning is crucial. Use a hydrating conditioner every time you wash your hair, and consider deep conditioning treatments once a week.
- Detangle gently: How to manage frizzy, dry hair? One tactic is to use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to detangle your hair while it's still wet and coated with conditioner. Start from the end and work your way up to prevent breakage.
- Avoid excessive heat: Heat styling tools can easily damage any hair type. If you must use heat, apply a heat protectant spray and keep the temperature as low as possible.
- Plop or scrunch with a microfibre towel: Do you constantly dry your hair with a regular towel? Unfortunately, that can cause frizz. Switch to a microfibre towel to squeeze out excess moisture gently.
- Apply hair styling products when wet: Styling and managing thick, curly hair? It's best to apply styling products like leave-in conditioners, curl enhancers and gels while your hair is still wet. This helps lock in moisture and define your curls.
- Use the right styling techniques: Do you have wavy hair? Scrunching can enhance the texture. But if you have curly hair, consider the "praying hands" method to smooth the styling product down the hair shaft.
- Sleep on satin or silk: Swap your cotton pillowcase for a satin or silk one to reduce friction and minimise frizz while you sleep.
- Refresh your curls: Extend your style by refreshing your curls with a mixture of water and a bit of conditioner in a spray bottle. Scrunch and reshape as needed.
Our Product Recommendations for Curly & Wavy Hair
1. Sulphate-free Shampoo: Looking for the best curly/wavy hair products in Australia? Golden Curl Shampoo For All Hair Types 200ml is specially formulated to keep your curly hair's natural acidity balanced while keeping your scalp and hair thoroughly cleaned and well-hydrated. It's also enriched with macadamia oil. The result? Soft & silky curly hair.
2. Deep Conditioner: Consider using a deep conditioner like our Pastel Professional Reconditioning Hair Mask 500ml, especially if you have dry & damaged curly or wavy hair that has undergone chemical processes. This premium hair mask contains high-quality nutrients and concentrated moisture. It's even enriched with oil from the borage seeds, which is popular for its miraculous properties for intensive treatment of hair dryness.
3. Leave-in Conditioner: Managing wavy or curly hair is easier with our Golden Curl Argan Oil Hair Mask 250ml. This hair mask is a luxurious treatment for your curly hair. Formulated with a high concentration of natural oils, antioxidants & Dead Sea minerals, it helps smoothen your hair while shielding it from colour & environmental damage.
4. Curl Enhancer: Looking for the ultimate curl-defining product? Shop our Talia Curly Hair Mask 250ml. This high-performance conditioning treatment contains collagen and hydrolysed keratin to add thickness to your hair. With a fabulous blend of natural oils, like argan, avocado, coconut and jojoba seed, it also helps deliver deep nourishment to your hair & scalp.
5. Hair Gel: Genesis Herbs Hair Gel For Strong Hair Roost 120ml contains natural ingredients based on essential oils and flower essences. This hair gel is a wonderful combination of components that soften your wavy hair and provide it with a shiny and healthy look.
6. Microfibre Towels: You can find these at your local chemist or $2 store. These towels come in various sizes and styles, including turbans and standard towels, to suit your preferences.
7. Silk/satin Pillowcase: Complete your list of anti-frizz hair products with some sets of silk or satin pillowcases. High-quality silk pillowcases can be found at your local boutique homeware store, or you could try your luck and order off Amazon.
Remember that finding the right products and routine may take some experimentation. It's essential to listen to your hair's unique needs and adjust your routine accordingly. Additionally, consulting with a stylist specialising in curly hair can provide personalised advice for managing your specific hair type and achieving the best results. Check out our blog to learn more about your hair type and the best curly hair products in Australia you can use.